Call us now on +91 8291912007 to get best offer!

Clear your dues before lodging your complaint to housing society registrar

Government of Maharashtra Co-operation & Textile Department has issued Circular No. Co. Hsg. Scheme / Cir. No. 365/14 dated 2nd November, 2002 to all Registrar Offices for handling of complaints of members of the societies who are not paying their monthly charges to the society. The gist of the circular is as under:

  1. Co-operative Housing Society Members should not stop the payment monthly due under any reason / excuses.
  2. If any member has any differences of option over monthly charges with Managing Committee, it should be solve by giving application to the authority concerned. The Registrar should take care to solve the query received from member within one month.
  3. If the authorities concerned say that the monthly charges are more, the excess amount should be returned to the member as per order of the concerned authority or it should be deducted from monthly dues by the society’s managing committee.
  4. Before taking in to considering the complaint of the members who are not paying their monthly charges, the Registrar should give instruction to such member to clear first their dues to the society. It is directive of the Government not to entertain complaints of members until all monthly dues are paid.

2 thoughts on “Clear your dues before lodging your complaint to housing society registrar

  • The monthly outgoing of my Society are Rs. 3000/month but the Society is charging additional Rs. 15000/month to non-resident members toward parking charges. I have asked for bye-laws under which the charges have been applied but no information is provided. As a result my outstanding amounts in lacs. What is a member do in such a case? Pay the dues in lacs before any action is taken?

    • Bye-law does not mention the rate / monthly charges which society can charge the member on account of parking. These rates needs to be approved by the Annual Genearl Body, so if the same is not approved you do not need to pay. If approved by the AGM you may approach the relevant authority being charges unreasonable.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *